I Can't record my side of conversation

Posted over 4 years ago by Steve

Post a topic
Un Solved
S
Steve

First, I thought my RECAP wasn't working...

Then I thought maybe it was my voice recorder...

Now I think it's the type of 3.5mm audio jack (is that proper terminology??)

Test: 

1) Earbuds to RECAP, to voice recorder - Poor Muffled Audio
2) Earbuds straight to voice recorder - Poor Muffled Audio

note: I also tested an alternate headset (That looks just like the apple earbuds).

Result: RECAP, not the issue.

Test:

1) My childs' Karaoke Mic Direct to Voice Recorder - Clear Mono Audio
2) Same Mic to RECAP, then to Voice Recorder - Clear Mono Audio

Problem.

I need a HEADSET where I can record what is being said to me and what I'm saying.

I now suspect the issue lies in the headset not being (or being)  **I have no idea what I need and that's why I'm starting this thread**   TRS? TS? TRRS?

What are typical earbuds? What do I need?

HELP!!!

Attachments (1)

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
Igor Ramos

Igor Ramos posted over 4 years ago Admin

Hi Steve - you purchased the wrong product. RECAP S2 is for Digital Voice Recorders. I'll take this experience and update our docs to make that more clear.

I'll reach out to you in private for product exchange information.

Thanks,

Igor

0 Votes

S

Steve posted over 4 years ago

I do have a RECAP C according to my invoice. Based on your website, I though that it what I would need? Do you understand what I’m trying to do? Can you tell me which product would work best for me? All I’m trying to do is use a phone, wear a headset and record the call with a voice recorder. I thought it would be pretty simple. PLEASE help.

0 Votes

Igor Ramos

Igor Ramos posted over 4 years ago Admin

Hi Steve - thanks for reposting your question here.  We’re new to the forum and still trying to figure out best approach.  

My records indicate you have a RECAP C. Please verify. I am not aware of any digital voice recorder that has a combo port required by RECAP C.

RECAP S2 is the model that outputs in stereo microphone and MOST digital voice recorders support.

Regards,

Igor

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment